October 11, 2008

New York

So...I'm a little behind on blogging. I have been really busy, but also a little lazy. It's just not as fun for me to blog since I have put my IMac in storage. However, I do have some great pictures to share. A couple of weeks ago, Rick and I took a trip to New York to celebrate being married for five years! We met some of our friends that live in Indiana and stayed for five days. We had a great time there with our friends. This was also another big milestone for us, being the first time we were BOTH away from Maddox. My parents came in and stayed with him while we were away. We missed him terribly of course, but enjoyed our time together. (We especially enjoyed sleeping in every day). Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from our trip. I didn't get to take as many as I had anticipated because it rained every day except for the last day we were there.
This is one of the many beautiful churches they have in New York. I loved looking at the outside of these old churches. They completely catch you off guard as you are walking amongst so many big stores and other buildings.

I think this is the building at Rockefeller Center. I can't really remember where I was when I was taking the picture because I really wasn't paying attention...sorry. I am no history buff.

This was the view from Top of the Rock. It was gorgeous. Kind of funny that you walk through the streets and think every thing is so dirty and smelly, and then you go look from above and have a completely different perspective. I guess this is how God still sees the beauty in some of us, even though we are a mess! He sees the whole picture from above.

The Empire State Building

Rick and I in Times Square

Two of our favorite people: Chad & Cassaundra

After watching The Lion King on Broadway...amazing!

These are two of my friends from middle school and junior high. They are both living in New York right now so I got to spend some time with them as well. It was so good to see both of them.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Glad you guys got to get away for a bit! What a good way to think of how GOD sees us!

The Keltners said...

Shara I love your NY pictures! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Amanda said...

awww! those pictures are so great! I've still never been to NY! will definitely have to go someday!

Bunch of Oranges said...

It looks fab there and I need a taste! :) Congrats on 5 years! Love you guys!

The Davidson Family said...

I'm so glad you guys found us! Matt and I have loved catching up with everyone. Maddox is so adorable...we look foward to keeping up with the Smiths! Matt & Tiffany

the campbell family said...

I'm glad y'all had so much fun on your trip! The pics were great and you looked lovely, as always.