February 8, 2008

Tubular!!

Okay, I have been meaning to post these for a few days but I was having computer trouble. Maddox got tubes put in last Friday so we are praying for no more ear infections!! He was great at the hospital until he woke up from his anesthesia. He cried quite a bit, but was completely back to normal after a good nap! Thank you to those that were praying for him! Also...he is now WALKING! Yes, he started walking over the weekend, just a week shy of 11 months. He is so cute when he walks because you can see that he is so proud of himself. He is already trying to run, so we have to slow him down some...but it is so much fun! We are thankful that we made it to 11 months before the walking started. He was a fast crawler, but now it is really hard to keep up with him. He is still so much fun to be at home with. He loves sleeping in (me too), exploring, looking out the window, going to daycare so I can workout, eating (throwing his food), wrestling and all of the other things little boys do. My favorite thing right now is that when we ask him where his ball is, he will stop what he is doing and go find his basketball and throw it to us! (I know, we are athletes to the core)...but it is the cutest thing ever and we are so proud! Well, here are some new pics...enjoy!



This looks like a fun place.




So sleepy...what are we doing here?





Finally, some good sleep!




Yay for me!




This walking is so much fun!





And here are just some cute pics from the house.



11 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness...he is so adorable!! What a cute tiny little hospital gown! Congratulations on walking Maddox...your mommy is in for it now!

ED AND MARILYN said...

Those pictures in the hospital are precious, but I love the ones around the house and of him walking. He will really keep you busy now......consider it extra exercise. The smile and eyes just make you happy looking at him!

Love and miss you,
Grammy and Pop

Meredith said...

Shara, he looks like such a big guy!!! I'm glad everything went well with the tubes. I know that was stressful leading up to the whole procedure. He is adorable. I can't believe these guys are almost a year old!!

Cara said...

I'm glad he did well with tubes. Hopefully that will solve all of his problems. I love those eyes!

The Blakes said...

He is such a doll baby! I love his socks that he wore with his hospital gown. I can't believe he is almost 1!!!

Shauna said...

It is amazing what some good equilibrium will do for you balance!! That is great walking!! Good luck on the no more ear infections!!!

Kimberly said...

Love my little Maddox! He looks so big when he walks. Love yall.

Bunch of Oranges said...

love him in pink!!!!!!!! such a big boy!!!!! hugs

Grow with Griffin said...

How are you all doing over there? How did the tubes go? Is he doing better already?!?!? I can not believe he is walking, well I can, but it just seems like I was holding him!!! Hope we can see you two soon! Love, Les & Griffin

Leslie said...

oh my gosh, I LOVE your hair. Love the pics. We totally need to get together soon. please email me and let me know what y'alls schedule is

lesliekristen@gmail.com

Welch Party of 4! said...

Hey girl, Maddox is so stinkin cute!! How are you guys! I just started this bloggin thing so I'm glad i found you guys!! Keep in touch!!

Misti